6th National Conference – 2014
Organised by Ārsha Vidyā Vikās Kendra
Convenor – Swāmini Ātmaprajnānanda Saraswati
on “Indian Philosophy: Continuity and Participation”
The 6th National Conference of Arsha Vidya Vikas Kendra, Bhubaneswar on “Indian Philosophy: Continuity and Participation” was held from 26th – 28th December, 2014 in collaboration with North Orissa University, Baripada, Orissa.
Day 1: 26th December, 2014
- Invocation by Dr. Prasanna K. Patra (HOD Sanskrit Studies, NOU) with Vedic Santimantra.
- Paying homage to Goddess Saraswati by the dignitaries.
- Welcome address and by Swamini Atmaprajnananda Saraswati, she also blessed the event by mentioning the good wishes sent by:
– His Holiness Sri Swami Dayananda Saraswati, AVG, Anaikatti
– Swamini Agamananda Saraswati, AVG, Anaikatti
– Sri Susheel Mittal, DK Printworld, Publisher, Delhi,
– Sri Ashok Jain, Munisram Manoharlal, Publlisher, Delhi,
– Rajiv Mehrotra, Delhi,
– Michel Danino, Coimbatore
– Akshay Kumar, Dubai,
– Payal Parija, Texas
– Sanghamitra Mohanty, Delhi,
– Swamini Sadvidyanada Saraswati, Gujarat,
– Swamini Svatmabodhananda Saraswati, Bangalore,
– Bindu Bhatt, New Jersey, the USA,
– Dr. Gauri and Dr. Satish Chandra, Los Angeles
– Maheswari Annamalai, Coimbatore
– Medha Michika (Inuzuka Michika), AVG, Coimbatore
– Swami Akhilananda Saraswati, Gujarat.
– Sri Ramchand Khatri, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Presidential Address by Prof. Dr. Prafulla K. Mishra, Vice Chancellor of North Orissa University, about the theme of the Conference, and gave a glimpse of the vast scope of Indian Tradition.
- Key Note Address by Prof. Dr Godabarisha Mishra (HOD I/C Radhakrisnan Institute for Advanced Studies in Philosophy, University of Madras) on “Indian Philosophy: Tradition, Continuity and Participation – a reflection”.
- Vote of Thanks by Dr. Prasanna K. Patra (Head, Department of Sanskrit, NOU)
- Continuation of key note address by Dr Godabarisha Mishra, followed by question answer session.
- Paper on ‘Theory of Errors – Some Traditional Views’ by Prof. Dr. Rupa Bandyopadhyay (Jadavpur University, Philosophy Department)
Day 2: 27th December, 2014
- Paper on – “K.C. Bhattacharya on Theory of Errors: an Estimation from Modern Perspective” by Prof Dr. Rupa Bandyopadhyay (Jadavpur University, Philosophy Department)
- Paper on “Vedantic aspects of Modern Science”, by Dr, Prasanna Kumar Patra, Head, Department of Sanskrit, NOU.
- Paper on “Environmetalism: A Continuity in Indian Philosophy” by Dr. Sudhir Chandra Jena, MPC Government Autonomous College, Baripada
Poetry Reading Session
- A “Poetry Reading Session” was organised by Vice Chancellor, Dr Prafulla K.Mishra, along with Mrs. Sucharita Mohanty and Swamini Atmaprajnananda Saraswati. More than 30 poets attended and presented their poetry in Sanskrit, Oriya, Hindi and English. A short ‘short story’ was also presented.
- A paper on “Pyramidal Structure of Vedantic Literature”, by Swamini Atmaprajnananda Saraswati, Founder Acarya, Arsha Vidya Vikas Kendra
Day 3: 28th December, 2014
- Paper on “Commentaries Brahmasutra – Tradition and Dynamism” which gave a glimpse on the elaborate work of New Catalogous Catalogram by Dr. Bholanath Dash, Department of Sanskrit, NOU.
- Paper on “Understanding Buddhism through analytic approach following David J Kalupahana” by Swastik Banerjee, Dept. of Philosophy,University of Madras.
- Paper on “Sanskrit as a Living Language” that covered the Sanskrit language from Rgvedic period to 16th century CE, presented by Swamini Atmaprajananda Saraswati, Founder Acarya, Arsha Vidya Vikas Kendra
The conference concluded on 28th December in the evening session. The dignitaries included – Prof. Dr. Prafulla K. Mishra, (VC, NOU); Dr. Godabarisha Mishra (HOD I/C RIASP, University of Madras), Swamini Atmaprajananda Saraswati, (the Convenor of the Conference), Dr. Prasanna K Patra (Head, Department of Sanskrit Studies, NOU), Smt. Sucharita Mohanty (Poet), and Shri Birabhadra Singh (former MP, Rajyasabha).
Congratulatory messages for the 6th National Conference